As you start out your weekend, here is some homework. The links below will take you to resources (articles, videos, podcasts) that will challenge you and allow you to grow in work, home, and life in general.
Let the homework begin:
- No matter where we are, what work we do at a job or at home, or how old we are - we need to put people first. In the words of Simon Sinek in this video, "people come before money."
- Are you wanting to learn more on a daily basis? Here is a list of some great apps and websites to help you on your quest for knowledge.
- Racism. It's not dead. But how bad is it? As we wrestle with what equality and race relations looks like in the United States, this podcast episode by The Liturgists is one of the most challenging conversations I've listened to on this subject. If you're brave enough to have your opinions seriously challenged, give it a listen. And make me a promise to listen to it in it's entirety. It's totally worth an hour and a half of your time.
- The evil that is the self-named Islamic State is not going away anytime soon. And Europe is right in its cross-hairs, read more here.
- Have you seen the math? Only 9% of Americans chose Trump and Hillary as the two main candidates for the presidency. Here's the breakdown.
Continue learning. Continue growing. Continue improving our world!