Say "Thank You" Today
2 simple words.
And yet they can carry so much meaning can't they?
Sincere gratitude is one of the most beautiful things we encounter in our day-to-day lives. To have our actions recognized and appreciated. To have the gratitude of someone else is to feel accepted and have your 'gift' (whether it be tangible or not) approved of.
Simply put, it's nice to hear someone say, "Thank you."
And yet we can go through life so quickly, busy-ly, and frantic-ly that we forget to appreciate the things and people around us. Unintentionally, the common can become commonplace and we can forget to be grateful for what and who we have in our lives.
We can forget to be grateful for a variety of things:
- That friend you carpool with to save money on gas.
- The weekly phone calls with your parents/siblings who live out of state.
- The numerous ways your significant other supports and loves you.
- Automatic car starters (which are great in the snowy Midwest on the United States!).
- Your neighbors who keep an eye on your house when you are traveling.
All are blessings. And all can be taken for granted.
Spend some time in your life and slow down. Stop and smell the roses.
Literally. They smell wonderful.
Slow down and identify the people and items in your life which bless you. Be grateful for what you have access to and express gratitude to those who invest in and enrich your life.
Say "Thank you" more. And mean it.
And as you seek out ways to express gratitude to others in your life - you will realize just how much you have to be thankful for. And you will enrich and encourage others in the process.
Today, tell someone: THANK YOU.