Our Schedule For August 2017
Reetu's quote (above) has become one of the theme statements for our family over the years. Our story is where our ministry begins. We have found time and time again that God has used our story to further our opportunities to minister to others wherever God leads us.
And we are excited this month to continue sharing our story of how God is at work in our lives and at work in West Africa with more of you - and with churches throughout the United States! While we do not officially begin working for our sending organization (the Church of the Nazarene) until September 1st, we are excited for a few opportunities this month to share with churches about how we will be serving in West Africa starting in December.
Here is when and where we will be sharing our story at this month:
- August 6th: We will be joining Tipp City Church of the Nazarene for their Faith Promise Sunday. We are excited to share as a family in their Sunday morning service and participate in a Q&A session with Pastor Rachel during their luncheon following the service. This will be our first opportunity to share together (with a large group) about serving in West Africa. Tipp City is the hometown of Jeremy's mother and so we are excited that some of our extended family will be joining for the morning service as well!
- August 20th: We are excited to join our good friends the Gregory's and their church family at St. Louis Church of the Nazarene (in Michigan, right in the middle of "The Mitt") for a Sunday morning service.
Also, here are a few other updates coming up this month:
- We both will be ending our employment at our respective jobs (Reetu with her work at a local university and Jeremy with his role at Shepherd Community Center) on August 31st as we begin serving with the Church of the Nazarene full-time on September 1st.
- Join us in praying as we hope to finish filling our speaking schedule for the coming months at churches throughout the USA. We have a few remaining Sunday mornings and are also hoping to find other opportunities to share with small groups, youth groups, and Sunday School classes as well. God is up to some exciting stuff - and we want to share it with as many people as we can!
- We are spending this current week with a large number of Reetu's extended family, who are in town on end-of-summer trips. This precious time with our family is bittersweet as this will very likely be the last time we spend with them prior to moving to Senegal.
Thank you for your continued prayers as we prepare for several months of travel and preparation! We are blessed to have you journey with us all!
(And make sure to sign up here to be a Height Family Partner and receive special email updates from our family!)