7 Days. 7 Highlights.
Happy Friday! I hope you've had a great week! For those of you that are connected with me on LinkedIn, you know that I started posting my 7 weekly highlights for several months towards the end of 2015. What not many people knew was that I was using those posts as practice and as a "trial run" in preparation for this website.
And the feedback I've received about this weekly roundup of what I've been learning about and learning from was extremely positive - so I've decided to continue to post them here on my website!
So, without further ado (is that how you spell that?), here is my newest installment of "7 Days. 7 Highlights." Enjoy!
- The first book I've read this year is also one of the best books I have read in a while. Be You. Do Good. by Jonathan David Golden is about coming to the realization that our "calling in life" is not a static job that we only get one shot at or we miss our meaning in life. Rather, it's a continual journey with God that morphs and grows over time. Jonathan, founder of Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Company, is a great story teller and writer. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have been telling all of my friends about it.
- When in-person protesting is banned what is an alternative? Holograms. Here's the story about the holographic protest Amnesty International is planning for later this month.
- Here's an article about one step we each can take towards being better leaders.
- Are you interested in possibly having a side hustle online? Pat Flynn just updated a great 3-part podcast on ways to make passive income online. Here's the first episode.
- There's one island in the world that I never want to visit. Here's why.
- Why am I not a morning person? Genetics. Here's the proof.
- You've heard of the sand hour glass, but have you heard of the Clepsydra? It was an ancient world water clock. They required full-time clock managers called khaneh fenjaan and were an important tool for Persian agriculture. Learn more here.
This week has been a pretty challenging one for me. If you've had a rough week as well, I'd encourage you to check out this song/lyric video I came across yesterday. It has helped me journey through the last 24 hours.
Have a great weekend and make some awesome memories with your friends and family.
(And here's hoping the Broncos pull off the upset!)