My Favorite "Healthy Drink" with my NutriBullet
In my blog post on 4 Health Tips that I've learned over the last several years, I mentioned my favorite drink recipe with my NutriBullet. And here it is!
- 1 cup of kale or spinach (if you're just starting out, I'd recommend spinach since it is less bitter)
- 1 whole banana
- 1/2 pear or apple (with skin)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries or blackberries
- 5 strawberries
- 2 spoonfuls of flax seeds
- 2 spoonfuls of chia seeds
- Add water up to the "Filled Line"
- Optional: Sometimes I'll throw in extra broccoli as well
The fruits help the color of the drink and the overall taste. The kale/spinach and any other vegetable you throw in has the biggest positive impact for you. And I add flax and chia seeds for some added health benefits, suppressing hunger and being high in fiber are two of them.
Let me know what you think of this recipe and what other recipes you enjoy in juicing or 'smoothies' by commenting below!