Asthma is still keeping me on the sidelines this week with most of my responsibilities, but here are a few snippets of articles and podcasts that I have been learning from. Check them out this weekend as you enjoy the beautiful fall weather which has started to invade the Midwest! (While I'll be stuck inside avoiding ragweed and pollen...)
Ready to start your weekend homework? Let's go:
- Did you know that Jackie Robinson was NOT the first African-American to play major league baseball? I learned about who was and more about the history of baseball and segregation in this podcast by Stuff You Should Know.
- Ever feel like you can never catch up on emails? Here's some tips on how to work through your inbox with greater speed - even when you don't have all the answers you need yet.
- Remember back in the early 2000's when Toyota cars were randomly accelerating and injuring/killing people? I was in high school at the time, but apparently I didn't get the whole story. Malcolm Gladwell breaks down the hysteria and facts of that time in Episode 08 of his Revisionist History podcast series.
- Is your phone taking over your life? Take these steps to cut down on the distraction.
- According to a recent study, over half of the groundwater in south Asia is contaminated.
- Looking to increase your productivity? Check out this free online summit that Michael Hyatt is hosting right now!
Keep learning. Keep growing. Keep making the world a better place.
And have a great weekend!