You've Got Some Homework This Weekend.
It's Friday, which means it is time for another dosage of Weekend Homework! Grab a big cup of coffee, a notebook, and a #2 pencil - because you're about to dive into some important lessons.
- Are we moving into a time of "post-reality"? Seth Godin is nervous we just might be leaving reality and rational thought behind and entering a time where "words don't matter nearly as much as the intent, the emotion, the subtext." Read more from Seth on this topic here.
- The most thought provoking line for me is this: "But when Donald Trump lies, it actually helps his standing among his followers. That's because he's not selling reality, he's selling something else."
- Have you ever said, "I only have a maximum of 5 minutes of free time a day - how am I suppose to learn anything new?"? Well then Highbrow is exactly what you need to check out. It is an email-based learning system that will teach you something new (from art or history to business or psychology) in just 5 minutes a day. Check it out here.
- Do you think immigration is an important issue in the United States today? Then you have to listen to this podcast from The Economist entitled: Crossing Borders.
And related to immigration and racial equality, here are two videos you need to watch:
- "Glory" was written for the movie Selma and is a constant reminder to me of how far we have come related to to racial equality - and how far we still have to go. Listen to it here.
- And you need to watch this video about a young boy named Alex - who has more love for Syrians than most people these days. Watch it here.
Never stop learning my friends.